Be a Star – Volunteer!
The Committee handles registration, recruits speakers, stocks the hospitality and games rooms, and basically helps to ensure that everybody has a really good time!
We are always looking for a diverse bunch of people that can help out with the Regional Gathering:
- We need charismatic individuals that help us find and recruit interesting speakers that you would want to hear!
- We need wonderful extroverts that can help introduce speakers during the event, and follow up with the scheduling.
- We need friendly members who are willing to pitch in and help out in hospitality and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of hanging out with your fellow M's.
- We need detail oriented people to handle things like registration, scheduling, treasurer duties, and the registration table during the event.
- We need creative cats who like to design interesting visuals for registration forms, handouts, advertisement, web based visuals, and draft stories to let our members know what is happening as the RG approaches.
StaRGazing needs your help! We have lots of opportunities for people to participate in the Hospitality Suite and Registration Desk. We also need a Game Room host, Lounge hosts, and, of course, presenters! GLAAM is run by members for members, and this is the perfect opportunity to share your expertise/hobby/passion with other highly intelligent people. Consider a two- or three-hour shift and forward your contact information to Volunteer Coordinator Desiree Sagray at LAMensaRG@gmail.com or (626) 329-3979.
Hospitality will have different shifts available for people to help with general overview (keeping the snack trays filled and fresh; drinks chilled; etc.); the served meals (Friday, Saturday and Sunday dinner, Saturday and Monday breakfast and lunch) and the large set-up on Friday and the tear down on Monday. If you are arriving early or staying late, consider lending a hand!
The Registration Desk will be open on Friday from 3:00-10:00pm, Saturday from 8:30am to noon and 1:00 to 5:00pm, and Sunday from 8:30 to 10:00am and noon to 4:00pm. Please consider which times you may be available to sit out front and greet our new arrivals. It's a great chance to meet and chat with your fellow Mensans!
Keep in mind, volunteering is a great way to break the ice and meet some other Mensans, especially if you are newer to the chapter and looking for the opportunity to get more involved! So contact Volunteer Coordinator Desiree Sagray at LAMensaRG@gmail.com or (626) 329-3979. You'll be contributing to the RG and having fun in the process!